Yoga Classes Paddington
Getting started: it's easy and user friendly!
- Payment is made in class prior to start, but please note - there are no credit card facilities available. We can only accept payment by cash or cheques. You will need to bring cash or cheque if you intend particating in classes.
- We have a yoga class pass system. You will need to purcahase an 4 class pass which costs $80.00.
- Bookings are not necessary. Classes are ongoing throughout the year (including public and school holidays), so you can start anytime.
- Choose a yoga class from the timetable. It is important that you arrive 15 minutes early to your first class so we can explain how it works.
- Advise the teacher of any current physical problems, changes to health status or injuries before class starts.
- If you're pregnant please contact us first before attending any yoga class to discuss the suitability of these yoga classes with a teacher.
- We do not offer a trial yoga class or a casual yoga class rate for attendance except for interstate/overseas Ashtanga Yoga visitors.
- Yoga Teachers/Yoga trainee teachers must contact the Ashtanga Yoga Shala, via email, before attending any classes, and request permission to attend the Ashtanga Yoga Shala classes. Confirmation will be fowarded to you via email.
Yoga classes run smoother if:
- You wear comfortable, non-restrictive clothing. Be prepared to perspire, and bring a towel.
- Bring your own yoga mat if you have one. A range of quality yoga mats are available for purchase or for hire ($5).
- Switch mobile phones off before entering the class.
Step 1 Class:
Begins the journey of the Ashtanga Yoga practice.
This is a guided class designed to introduce newcomers to Ashtanga yoga as weel as those experienced in other styles of Yoga to the basic principles of Ashtanga Yoga.
The purpose of our Step 1 class is to establish important fundamentals of ashtanga yoga. Even if you have experience in other styles of yoga, it’s important to begin here, in order to learn the basic principles and qualities of the Ashtanga Yoga practice.
Whilst we do encourage a reasonable level of fitness, you need not be strong or flexible to begin - we'll show you how.
You do need to be able to move with ease from a standing to a sitting position.
Step 1 students are required to have an 4 class pass.
Cost of 4 class pass $80.00 (the same pass can be used for Mysore class once the Step 1 class work has been completed)
"The correct preparation for any journey is all important"
Mysore Style Class:
Continuing the journey - the traditional class format for developing a real yoga practice.
Pre-requisite: your ability to memorise and work through either the Ashtanga Yoga Shala Step 1 practice sequence. There are thus two entry options into the mysore style classes:
- attend the Step1 class (understand principles and memorise this sequence) then commence Mysore style classes
Mysore Style is a self-paced class which continues on from Step 1. Here students with varying ranges of experience practise together, demonstrating regular and committed yoga practise and their ability to integrate new instructions under the guidance and encouragement of the teacher.
This is the traditional class format and the most effective method for developing a yoga practice.
There are various class passes available to our mysore style students depending on frequency of attendance.
|PM|| 5:15 - 7:15
|5:15 - 6:45
|5:15 - 7:15
|No Classes||2:00 - 3:30
| 7:30 - 9:00
|7:00 - 9:00
|7:30 - 9:00
|4:00 - 6:00
All classes are conducted at the -
Neal Macrossan Hall,
10 Moreton Street,
To enter the hall walk through the front green gate and come up the steps at the side of the hall (see the photo below).
There’s always plenty of street parking, 7 days a week. on game days at the nearby Suncorp Stadium, observe the special 2 hour parking zones provided by Council for yoga classes.